Shadbolt acoustic panels facilitate sound-absorbtion and designed to reduce sound reflection from walls and ceilings. They help to improve acoustics by controlling reverberation times in rooms and by meeting the need for sound absorption in circulation spaces.
- Panels are purpose-made for each project, and designs can be varied to meet the acoustic requirements of individual spaces.
- Perforation designs can be tuned by acoustic engineers to provide optimum performance to suit the room size and purpose. Click here to see examples of panel designs.
- Can be used to meet the requirements of Building Regulations, particularly for schools and residential buildings.
- Also for use in auditoriums, concert halls, assembly halls, conference rooms, offices, public buildings, hotels and sports halls.
- Available in a large range of veneers, which can be fully matched with doors, frames, skirtings and fittings if required.
- Other finishes in an almost unlimited range of colours allow designers freedom to achieve any desired aesthetic effects.
- Acoustic (sound insulating) doors can also be supplied, see Acoustic doors and doorsets.
- Acoustic panels are available rated Euroclass B or C to restrict internal fire spread (NB. Overture, Pavane and Sonata patterns only); see Shadflam fire rated panels.
Shadbolt acoustic lining systems generally comprise MDF panels with a pattern of perforations or slots cut through the panel, backed by an absorbent material such as mineral wool. Bespoke skirting and cornice details can be provided as required.
Panels may be supplied with any or all edges lipped in a range of treatments.
All panels are purpose-made to sizes required. Note that panel size, edge details and joint design will have an effect on both appearance and acoustic performance.
Acoustic panels are available in a large selection of designs and finishes.
Designs: panel slots or perforations can be cut to almost any pattern required subject to sound absorption requirements.
Finishes: panels can be supplied in a wide range of finishes including any available sustainably sourced wood veneers, laminates and coloured lacquer finishes.
Veneered panels may be co-ordinated throughout a scheme with doors, frames, skirtings, trims etc.
Shadbolt can provide extensive test information on the sound absorption performance of our panels; see the table below for a summary of the latest results.
Click on Graph reference AP00 to see the test graph. Click on Spec 000 to see a drawing of that design (registered clients only).
BS EN ISO 354
BS EN ISO
|Cavatina||0.90||A||AP 01||Spec 278|
|Cavatina||0.80||B||AP 02||Spec 278|
|Nocturne||0.60||C||AP 03||Spec 272|
|Pavane||0.60||C||AP 04||Spec 276|
|Sonata||0.45||D||AP 05||Spec 274|
|Overture||0.30||D||AP 06||Spec 273|
Tests have been carried out by an independent UKAS-accredited organisation to BS EN ISO 354 Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room and rated in accordance with BS EN ISO 11654 Sound absorbers for use in buildings. Rating of sound absorption.
Panel performance can be tuned to suit the room size and purpose by adjusting characteristics such as the perforation pattern, the thickness of the absorbing membrane, and the air gap between panel and wall.
Acoustic effectiveness in practice depends on the precise design of the panels and their arrangement in a space. We recommend that an acoustic consultant is employed to design the acoustics of rooms and circulation spaces.
Spread of flame
Standard acoustic panels will meet Building Regulations Class 3 requirement for inhibiting fire spread on internal linings without special treatment.
We can also supply acoustic panels meeting European Class B or Class C for reaction to fire according to BS EN 13501-1, with appearance identical to that of standard panels, based on independent testing (NB Overture, Pavane and Sonata patterns only).
For more information on this see Shadflam fire rated panels.
cavatina panel design
- 6mm slots.
- 0.90 / 0.80 aw sound absorption to BS EN ISO 354.
- Class A to BS EN ISO 11654.
nocturne panel design
- 6mm perforations at 16mm centres.
- 0.60 aw sound absorption to BS EN ISO 354.
- Class B to BS EN ISO 11654.
overture panel design
- 3mm perforations at 16mm centres.
- 0.30 aw sound absorption to BS EN ISO 354.
- Class D to BS EN ISO 11654.
Specification clauses are given in NBS Plus at www.thenbs.com or on our website.
NBS Plus is part of the NBS industry standard specification software used by architects and other construction industry professionals.
Because our products are purpose-made and many variations are possible, specifiers should consult Shadbolt when preparing a specification.
We can also provide computerised schedules allowing quick and accurate revisions, enabling us to easily handle many variants in large and complex projects.DOWNLOAD SPECIFICATION CLAUSES FOR ACOUSTIC PANELS